Statement of Compliance with the Modern Slavery Act
Wongs Jewellers is a family-owned private limited company (BSP Partners Ltd) providing high quality jewellery and bespoke design jewellery for over 25 years.
Wongs Jewellers is committed to ensuring that exploitation with regards to any form of Slavery or Human. Trafficking is eliminated from society and although we have adopted responsible and ethical practices throughout our business we have also made a conscious commitment to ensuring that all aspects of our business including the wider supply chains are investigated fully to address previously unidentified concerns with respect to the requirements of the Modern Slavery Act 2015. This corporate statement of compliance is valid and effective across Wongs Jewellers business operations and delivery of all services.
Our Supply Chains
These include the sourcing of jewellery materials/supplies/goods, office and infrastructure from wholesalers, contracting with professional service providers, marketing providers and public offices to deliver different aspects of our services.
Our Policy on Slavery and Human Trafficking
Wongs Jewellers is committed to ensuring that there is no slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business. Our Policy reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our business or in our supply chain.
Managing Risks on Slavery & Human Trafficking
The steps that have been taken ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in any of our supply chains or in any part of our business are:
- We support an ongoing risk assessment of our business and supply chains to identify any potential areas of non-compliance or exposure.
- There are Director’s responsibilities to verify that adequate controls are in place and enforced.
- We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that we operate strict recruitment, selection and employment checks and processes with fair, ethical, and non-discriminatory employee and staff practices regulated by the General Manager.
- We have verified that all our staff members are eligible to work within their region of employment and that they are paid above standardised wage rates and benefits with full access to grievance procedures.
- We have clearly communicated our expectations of professional business behaviour, with regards to national and international supply chains, and we have indicated that we expect our suppliers to have suitable anti-slavery and human trafficking policies with process in place and effective.
- We have commenced the process of obtaining confirmation of compliance to the requirements of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 from all suppliers, contractors and subcontractors including confirmations that they can find no evidence of concerns within their business or supply chains.
Supplier Commitment to Our Values Wongs Jewellers does not tolerate slavery and human trafficking. We expect all parties in our supply chain to comply with our values. We have also commenced the process of actively seeking confirmation from our supply chain in the UK that they comply with local labour laws and regulations. We are in the process of updating our terms and conditions of supply available for our relevant supply chains with the planned completion during 2018.
Training To ensure a high level of understanding of the risks if modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains and our business, we are creating a training programme for our staff. The Board of Directors and Management understand their responsibilities and every staff member will receive instructions and guidance during their induction training to fully understand their responsibility to be alert to the risks in our business and in the wider supply chains. Staff members will be instructed that they must report concerns to the Senior Management to enable the Board of Directors to exercise their responsibilities to act upon reported concerns. We will be putting in place appropriate reporting processes to encourage ease of reporting concerns and to ensure the protection of whistle blowers.
Endorsement This Statement is made in compliance with to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes Wongs Jewellers slavery and human trafficking statement. The Statement is approved by the Board of Directors on the 9th April 2018.